Today's Blogtober Prompt is called "Your Fall Bucket List," and I've got a couple of things that I really want to accomplish. Some are fall-related, and some are "Get-off-your-butt-and-do-something-dammit" related.
|Henry, helping me carve my pumpkin in 2010|
- Carve a Captain America Pumpkin for my front porch. Probably will end up being one like this, but how cool is this one?
- Make a really basic Captain America costume for my work Halloween Party (Can you tell I love Cap?). Last year, I was Lucy van Pelt, and one of my coworkers was Charlie Brown, Hilarity ensued.
- Make some fall-inspired recipes with different types of squash. I've got a buttercup squash that I need to use, and I've never had one before. Heard they're wonderful, though. We shall see.
- Start cleaning out my closet, and organizing it into seasons. It'd be nice to have legit summer/winter clothes.
Now, I also have some professional goals, as well.
- Find out as much as I can about freelancing, so I can build my side business of writing.
- Finish my novel, and get it out to betas (I feel like right now, I'm just stuck in a place, being bogged down by word count. Ridiculous, but the book needs to get finished.
- Write a short story prequel to my novel to get to know other characters in the book.
I'd really like to finish all of this before Christmas. Or, even before Winter. It's a lot of work, but I'm totally up for it! Honestly, Blogtober has been great for getting me to sit down and write, which is what's required of a WRITER. ;-)
If you'd like to follow along with other blogs doing Blogtober, click on the link below.