Always a fun time, huh?
The last few years, I've been getting into more natural forms of medicine unless whatever I have gets worse. That means starting to kill off whatever it is I've got (I really hope it's not the flu) before it gets the better of me. I was chatting with my dad yesterday, while he was taking a charter to a Speech competition, and he's coming down with something too. I bought a box of EmergenC, and my sister got me a rotisserie chicken at HyVee. Funny story. I actually wanted a whole fryer chicken, but didn't say that, I just said "Whole Chicken." It's amusing, but it did the trick, all the same.
Anyway, this soup is more of a throw everything into a pot, let it cook for an hour, and hope for the best. I think it worked out.
- 1 Rotisserie Chicken. Mine was BBQ, but you can't really taste any smokiness to it.
- 2 Cartons Chicken Stock
- 2 Heaping Tablespoons Mined Garlic.
- 2 T Olive Oil
- 2 Cups Frozen Carrots
- 2 Cups Frozen Spinach
- 1 Box Tri-Color Rotini
- Ground Pepper to taste
- Ground Ginger to taste
- Saute garlic in olive oil and add carrote and spinach. Cook until no longer frozen.
- Add the whole chicken to the pot, and chicken stock. Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer covered for an hour.
- After an hour, with tongs, remove chicken. Use a slotted spoon to search for bones that might've fallen from the chicken.
- Bring soup back to a boil and add pasta and two glasses of water (It cooked down a LOT). Remove chicken from bones, and add back to the pot. Share chicken skin with your puppy, and he'll love you forever.
- Add pepper and ginger to taste, and feel much better.