Questions from MyMotherStuttered:
1. What was your favorite book series as a kid?
The Babysitters Club. I loved them and between my sister, Kiri, cousin, Tashi, and I, I'm almost positive we had the entire series. I read those books until the covers fell off and the pages fell out!
2. What was your first CD?
I'm probably dating myself, but my first cassette tape that was mine and no one else's was Amy Grant's House of Love
3. What book have you re-read the most?
Call it sick and/or twisted, but I have always come back to The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath. I first read it in high school when I was trying my hand at being the cynical, smart chick from Ten Things I Hate About You (Kat Stratford), but then reread it several times when things got rough for me. Call it Scadenfreude.
4. How many times have you watched your favorite movie? (and state what it is)
I'm such a movie nut it's gonna be hard to say which is my favorite. A few years ago, I would've said Little Women, which was the entire reason I became a writer. That was the movie I could watch whenever I wasn't sure what I wanted to watch. Probably still rings true today. That or A League of Their Own. What Can I say? I love me a good chick flick.
5. Your idea of camping is:
Every year, my family goes to this small lake near Falls City, NE (Name withheld to protect our space! It's QUIET!) and set up our Pop-Up Camper (Seriously. If we had tents, it would rain all weekend. We've tried tent camping and it always rained. The year all the families got Pop Ups, we didn't get rain until the last night). The only *ahem* facilities are his/hers outhouses where we have to supply the TP, and there are no showers. Shower before and take baby wipe baths over the course of the weekend. Lots of cooking out, s'mores, flea marketing and reading. It's nice.
|Source (Not Our Camper)|
6. Who was your Hollywood crush when you were a teenager?
Hmm...I don't know that I had one. I had a thing for a guy I went to church with (rather, two guys who never even noticed me), so I didn't really have a consistent high school crush, but for college, it was the new Superman, Henry Cavill. Until he got engaged, then he was unappealing. Rumor is he's single again. Hmm...
7. What's your favorite concert?
Most of the concerts I've attended are instrumental. As a kid, my there were concerts in the park that were free (My Aunt Pat had the skinny on free events in Omaha. And still does, I believe), but the best concert I remember going to was Rebecca St. James when I was in college. It was an amazing show at the Kansas City Music Hall with a couple of my sister's friends who went to college near me. I love Rebecca St. James. She's an inspiration.
|Source (My Favorite Album)|
8. What's your favorite vacation?
Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy. When we went on a Disney Cruise last year. It was a family reunion cruise (though it was the family that we see all the time, but whatevs). We went on the Disney Dream to Nassau and Castaway Cay for four days. We celebrated my parents' anniversary and my cousin Laura's 13th Birthday. It was a blast.
|Me and the Birthday Girl at the Enchanted Garden Restaurant|
9. What's your cosmetics philosophy?
I wish I would wear more, but I just don't. I get up really early for work and church, and what I'd like to do is too much effort. I like the way I work with it, and one of the ladies at church told me I should really make an effort more (because she didn't recognize me at the wedding we saw each other at).
10. Say Anything, High Fidelity, or Serendipity?
Say Anything. "I gave her my heart. She gave me a pen." Have sadder, more heartbreaking words ever been uttered? John Cusack's performance had me in love with Lloyd Dobbler for years. Still am. I should watch it again.
11. How many books have you written (not necessarily published)?
Completed? Two. Published? One. The second book should be published shortly.
All Right My Turn. 11 Questions.
- If you could vacation anywhere, where would it be and for how long?
- What kind of animal/pet do you prefer?
- What Tiger Beat cover boy/girl did you have all over your walls as a kid?
- What was your favorite class in junior high?
- What do you do to prepare a blog?
- Why'd you want to start writing a blog?
- Reality TV: "The end of decency as we know it" or "a fun escape from my own life?"
- Who is the best product spokesperson? My favorite is the Trix Rabbit.
- Where is your ideal home?
- What do you do when you're not blogging?
- Which color of Peeps taste best?
And 11 Bloggers to honor, in no particular order
- The Little House in Little Rock
- Obscura Operandi
- He Gives Me Grace
- Samantha Stroh Bailey
- Lori The Author
- Wendy Ely's Books
- Books by Banister
- Thoughts on This 'n' That
I know if says pick 11 other blogs, but I don't know of any other blogs that I would consider good enough. But All of these bloggers definitely deserve recognition, so be sure to check them out.
Thanks again, Ellen for nominating me!