Well, I'm proud of myself. I finished week one of C25K. It was only three days, but I'm proud that I finished it. Today was such a crappy day for me, emotionally. I don't even know why. I got up, made coffee, got dressed, went to work, and that's where things started to go down hill for me. I'm on a team working on this project, and the three of us are ready to rip our hair out. It took up half my day, and I'm so so SOOOOOO ready to be done with it.
On my way home, I was practically crying. I was just upset, and wanted to be anywhere but where I was (am). I'd been reading about racing and running pretty much all day on down time, researching shoes, races, local races, etc. I'd planned to pick up my mom after work so we could go to the gym, but we decided to take a dip in the pool instead. It was nice, but I had a nagging feeling that I needed to go running.
After dinner (Taco Bell, yes. It matters), I watched "Cupcake Wars," where they were fighting to be the Cupcake servers at the LA Marathon. When I opened up my email, there was the daily email from Healthy Bitch Daily (The collaborators of the "Skinny Bitch" health books), which was about...Running! I ended my call with my BFF, Lu, and was off to the gym. I've got a membership, why not use it?
|She didn't mind. It's why we're best friends.|
First, the negatives:
- Wear a brief-style panty. Boy shorts are a BAD idea.
- Double-knot any and all laces. Shoelaces, drawstring in your sweat pants (No, nothing fell around my knees. Thank GOD!)
- Don't eat Taco Bell less than two hours before taking a run. This is something I will take with me when I go on races.
- Disney Music is surprisingly good for running. I find that when something tells me a story, time goes faster. Same with Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog. Probably any musical that I know well, but Disney's just so kicky and fun!
- I'm feeling so much better than I was when I first started on Saturday. On Saturday for the running portions, I was at about 4 MPH. Now I'm at 5MPH. Tomorrow, if I have time to run after work, before the other job, I might see about going up to 5.5PH. We'll see.
- I'm signing up for my first 5K in October. The Komen Run on October 7. PLENTY of time to train! Especially if I keep this up. I'd like to go to a running store by the end of the summer to get fitted for good shoes to break in before the race. Maybe around August?
Now that I have a goal for another activity in my life, I need to get back and focus on the book. This, too, will pass, but dang, it's hard. I'm tired of feeling like I can't get my editing done, and I think that is a big part of what happened to me today. I know where I want to be, and what I want to do. It's almost within my grasp, but I'm reaching and reaching and reaching, but I'm just not there yet.
A very good question.